Paxton Hall Care Home is housed in an impressive Grade II listed building of high architectural value with impressive grounds and mature trees.
We are looking for a part-time experienced gardener to start as soon as possible. Duties include:
- Take full responsibility for maintaining the garden, two resident courtyards, and other external areas of the Home.
- Prepare and execute an annual plan for the garden.
- Ensure that all outside areas are safe, tidy and presentable.
- Maintain garden tools and equipment and garden furniture.
- Work closely with the Handyman.
- You must be able to demonstrate knowledge of plants.
You will be expected to work 18/20 hours per week over three or four days including Friday and to assist the Handyman inside the Home on wet days.
The successful candidate will live locally (within 30 minutes), be in good health, have his own transport and a clean driving license, be a self-starter and require minimum oversight. You must be able to demonstrate your experience of looking after a large garden.
Two references and a DBS check will be required.
The position reports to the Head of Ancillary Services.
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £10.00 per hour
All staff are required to wear marks inside the care home and to follow strict infection control protocols. Paxton Hall has been Covid free during the pandemic.