Prospective residents or their relatives are encouraged to visit Paxton Hall as this is the most effective way to assess whether the home will meet their needs. It also provides an opportunity to speak freely to staff as well as to other residents, to view the variety of accommodation and living spaces and to acquire a personal impression of the atmosphere and ethos of the home.
A formal assessment is always carried out by senior staff before a resident is accepted for admission to ensure that Paxton Hall can meet their needs, for both short and long term care..
Prospective residents are encouraged to spend a day at Paxton Hall and/or come for respite care for a few weeks if that helps with the decision making process.
Underlying our admissions processes are three principles. Firstly, we will only admit residents if we are fairly certain that we can meet their needs. Secondly, we will assist the resident and family in making the right decision in the interests of the resident. Lastly, we recognise that we have a responsibility to the local community and will assist, to the extent we can, in accommodating emergency cases.
Our Administrator would be happy to provide advice and further details about coming to stay at Paxton Hall.
Prospective residents will be interested in some of our policies:
- Every new resident is helped and supported in adapting to life at the home.
- Residents are welcome to personalise their rooms by bringing their own furniture, memorabilia, pictures etc.
- The bedroom can be redecorated to suit the resident’s preferences on admission.
- Visitors are welcome at any time within reason.
- Relatives and friends are encouraged to visit and take residents out as often as possible.
- Laundry services are provided and are included in the fees quoted.
- Should a resident become very ill, it is our policy to keep him/her in this, their home, until such time that a doctor advises otherwise. The family of the resident is always involved in these discussions.
- There is a formal complaints procedure whereby residents or their relatives can lodge complaints with the Manager of the home, a Director of the company or the Care Quality Commission
Our fees range from £850. Fees quoted are all-inclusive and depend on the level of care required and the type of bedroom occupied; there are no hidden extras. Fees are payable calendar monthly by banker’s standing order on the first day of each month. Residents pay separately for their own private and personal expenses such as newspapers, magazines, hairdressing and chiropody.