We offer an extensive programme of pre-planned group activities. Residents have the choice of participating in some or all of these. There are also individual one-to-one activities to cater for the specific interests of residents.
- The following list is illustrative of the activities held during a typical month:• Marking of special events – Burns Night, Valentines Day, Wimbledon, Easter, VE Day, Halloween etc
- Weekly Manicure & Pamper Mornings
- PAT Dog Visits (3-4 times a month)
- Visits from Monarch Farm (Spring & Summer)
- Monthly visits from local Hartbeeps Children’s Group delivering themed multi-sensory mornings with multi-generational interaction
- Film Mornings
- Knit and Natter sessions
- Monthly visit by the local Cannon
- Kibondo (armchair exercises) twice a month
- External entertainers including The Piano Man, Liz The Saxophonist, Singalong with the Rat Pack, Sled Dogs as Therapy UK and more
- Monthly visits from Marilyn & Music for Health
- Coffee & Cake Mornings and Cheese & Port Mornings
- Craft Making
- Bingo Mornings
- Table-Top activity afternoons
- Summer Gardening Club
- Residents Meetings (once a month)
- 24/7 Access to our ‘Magic Table’ situated in the main dining room area. This projector encourages sensory stimulation, relaxation and reminiscence to residents individually or in group sessions.
Residents are able to enjoy a sensory courtyard garden that is accessible from the lounge. There is also a separate dedicated residents’ garden, with raised beds, for those interested in gardening. The home has an active gardening club.
Finally, there is a meeting with each resident every month to solicit feedback on specific topics.