Paxton Hall Care Home is a private residential care home for the elderly registered with the Care Quality Commission for 39 residents. It enjoys an excellent reputation in Cambridgeshire and surrounding counties in offering:
- Long term residential care for the elderly.
- Residential care for those suffering from a variety of conditions.
- Short stay respite and holiday breaks.
- Intermediate care for elderly patients who have been discharged from hospital and require temporary rehabilitation.
- Paxton Hall should be a “home” to our residents.
- Every resident is an individual and will be treated with dignity and respect.
- Paxton Hall will provide a high standard of care in a homely, comfortable and secure environment.
- Residents will be encouraged to remain as independent as possible for as long as possible.
- Every effort will be made to meet individual needs and residents are encouraged to play an active part in their own care.
- We will provide support and understanding to the family during difficult times.
- Staff will have the ethos, experience, training, environment, tools and aids to meet each individual’s needs and maintain high standards of best practice.
Every resident has the right to independence, freedom of choice, privacy, dignity, respect and most importantly, the right to live as full and active a life as possible.
Personal Care Plans and Medication
There is a computerised state-or-the-art system of care plans which are developed and updated regularly in consultation with the resident and their relatives.
Medication is administered by trained staff and residents who wish to self-medicate, and are able to do, can do so. Detailed medication records are kept for each resident.
Management and senior staff at Paxton Hall operate an open door policy for residents, relatives and staff who wish to see them to discuss any matters. In addition to the daily feedback received by carers directly from residents and relatives, formal feedback is obtained directly from residents every month through discussions with them. Other stakeholders are consulted periodically.
There is also in place a formal complaints procedure and any complaints that may arise are taken seriously and investigated and dealt with promptly.